BURP Kayak Expedition
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kit Sponsorship

+2
NickR
Niamh
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kit Sponsorship Empty Kit Sponsorship

Post  Niamh Mon May 09, 2011 5:27 pm

Any preferences on whether we get in contact with Palm or a shop ie Roho, DesMes which may allow more variety but possibly a less good offer? We're getting in contact with 5 10, go pro and lyon outdoor at the mo. Any particular others you are interested in please let me know. Ta.

Niamh

Back to top Go down

Kit Sponsorship Empty Re: Kit Sponsorship

Post  NickR Tue May 10, 2011 11:37 am

How about contacting Va2or helmets, they look good and are new so would be interested in sponsoring maybe to get there name out there, also I need a new helmet Very Happy

NickR
Admin

https://burpkayak.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Niamh Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:39 am

Hey hey. Ok so news back from VA2or is that they're not able to give us any helmets for free but they will be able to do them at cost price. Have another look at the link above to see if anyone else might be interested. I have asked if he is able to send us a quote but if you could let me kneo if you might be interested then that would be great. Ta.

Also we've managed to get £700 sponsorship from Lyons Expedition. We had to give them a specific list with anything we might want before we knew how much they were giving us so we put down everything we thought we might want but not neccessarily 6 of everything as we didnt know who had what. They've selected what they are able to give us with the downmats and hammocks going at discounted prices if anyone is interested:

Lyon Award Scheme
J356250 Julbo Boogie Crystal Brown Qty x 1 SRP £37.00
J356214 Julbo Boogie Mat Black Qty x 3 SRP £111.00
D19 Petzl Verso Belay Qty x 2 SRP £40.00
P02 A Petzl Oscillante Qty x 3 SRP £30.00
E02 P2 Petzl e+lite Qty x 2 SRP £55.00
E98 PP Petzl Zipka Plus Qty x 2 SRP £80.00
OP9201 Ortlieb Aquazoom Qty x 1 SRP £65.00
OK160 Ortlieb PS 17 22 Ltr Drybag Qty x 5 SRP £110.00
OK2302 Ortlieb Compression Drybag Qty x 2 SRP £58.00
OP15 Ortlieb Camera Harness Qty x 1 SRP £17.00
ON30 Ortlieb Shower Valve Qty x 1 SRP £3.00
AQ458 Aquapac SLR Camera Case Qty x 1 SRP £95.00
AQ046 Aquapac Stormproof Pouch Qty x 1 SRP £15.00
AQ025 Aquapac Stormproof Drybag Qty x 1 SRP £50.00
LMF1011 10 10 Light My Fire Scout Firesteel Qty x 2 SRP £16.00

Special Discounted Price

X32205778 Exped Downmat 7 Small Qty x 3 £160.47
X30301116 Exped Scout Hammock Qty x 3 £181.41

In return for our investment in your expedition, we expect the following;
o Acknowledgement of all relevant brands support in any films, articles, websites or slideshows which result from the expedition
o A copy of your expedition report
o High quality digital images of our equipment in use for our unlimited use as promotional material

Nick can you please put up the relevant brands on the website please thanks. And please remember we will have to take pictures using everything. Dave you can be in the one with the shower valve as you wanted it!

Niamh

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Eldred Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:06 am

awesome stuff! the aquapack slr case looks sweet looking forward to some crazy camera angles
I m guessing the price next to the hammocks and down mats is for all of them? quite keen for a hammock
hmmm.. do we know what sort of discount for the helmets, mine has taken it's fair share of knocks?

Will Eldred

Back to top Go down

Post  sean Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:53 am

hey hey

I could do with 2 drybags, back of boat size! A lighweight sleeping bag if they have them, and potentially a hammock!

Sean

sean

Back to top Go down

Post  sean Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:55 am

oh and I could be interested in a helmet depending on price!

sean

Back to top Go down

Post  Niamh Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:00 pm

Quote back from Va2or is not wonderful but here is the offer:

The Va2or retails at £115 so:
For a single helmet I could price it at £100 including postage.
For 6 I could quote you £525....

If your wanting anything in-between I can get that priced as well but basically the more you order the cheaper I can get you them

I've got two so won't be needing one, I believe Tom? told me yesterday that he's not interested either. please can you say yes or no either way so I can let them know how many as soon as possible. Thanks.

Also regarding Lyon kit the first lot are free so don't stress about that just yet. We will have to discuss the distribution within the group at the meet up or when we meet up before the flight? The thing I do need to know though is if anyone is interested in buying an Exped Downmat 7 Small at the discounted price of about £53 or the Exped Scout Hammock at £60.50. Cld potentially ask for slight variations on those, not sure but please let me know asap if you would like to buy them. Only 3of each so first come first served.

They're on here somewhere: http://www.exped.com/exped/web/exped_homepage_int.nsf

Niamh

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Eldred Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:34 pm

ok, no to a helmet then (spending too much money already)
Yes to a hammock!

Will Eldred

Back to top Go down

Kit Sponsorship Empty SLR bag

Post  sean Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:02 am

Will, I have an SLR waterproof bag that I have just been given as some friends are emigrating. At present its sitting doing nothing as my SLR is out of action. Would you like me to post it to you for some test runs? Saves buying another one.

Sean

sean

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Eldred Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:07 am

sorry i don't actually have an SLR i just meant that i am looking forward to other peoples pics and i think we have got all the stuff on the first list for free but i think 2 people in the group have SLRs so another case could be handy?

Will Eldred

Back to top Go down

Post  NickR Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:24 am

I have SLR and Watershed dry bag for the record

NickR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NickR Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:01 am

yes to a hammock
I have put lyon outdoor on the website (when it hopefully reappears) - do they mean all brands ie ortlieb aquapack

NickR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Niamh Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:36 am

I understand from the email that they probably do want all brands. I'll check with her but I reckon its a yes. Also going to just have to confirm the order of extra kit so please let me know if I'm wrong:

Tom: Nothing
Nick: Hammock
Will: Hammock if combi
Dave: Nothing
Sean: Hammock
Me: Down mat

So after checking out the hammocks it looks to me, correct me if I'm wrong, that they standard ones don't look so waterproof. Didnt realise and just ordered them but the combi have an added little tarp. I'm currently writing up an email to her to see if we can get that one instead but dont know how flexible they are. Will said he only wants one if its the combi. Is that the same with you guys Sean and Nick? Also anyone pls tell me if my list is wrong. Also thats definitely a no to the helmets yeah? Can try another company if enough people are interested and think its worth a shot. Also I think I might be cheeky and see if she'll trade a few things ie excessive camera bag and possibly let us have bivy bags, tarps or sleeping bags. I realise these dont quite equate but maybe a discounted price one? Wld people be interested in these if I could?

Niamh

Back to top Go down

Post  sean Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:38 am

Yes to be honest, sleeping in a soggy tarp doesn't sound great:-)
Are we thinking of taking a team tarp, that would influence my final decision on the hammock...team tarp, light bivvy bag (e.g the Alpkit one) and light sleeping bag sounds like a good option.

sean

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:43 am

Yep I was going to take my tarp which you could happily sleep everyone under.

Tom

Back to top Go down

Post  sean Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:43 am

Great...so no hammock for me! Anyone got any contacts for cags? I really need a new one!
Sean

sean

Back to top Go down

Post  Niamh Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:45 pm

Ahh I'm waiting to hear back from Palm. I dont know what they're likely to offer. Apparently Cheesy's generally a bit slow on replying but would be good to hold out as I think they could offer a good deal. Umm.. yeah so camping wise... Borderlands are providing tents and sleeping bags I believe for the majority of the trip. Daves just sent an email asking for confirmation. The only issue with the sleeping bags is they may be big fat ones which may be an issue if we manage to do any multidays. Just heard back from Lyon who have said they can offer the combis with mini tarp for the same price. Unfortunately she said we cant have any of the the other things we asked for as they dont stock them. So no bivy bags what do people think about me getting in contact with Alpkit too? Hammocks are quite a good bargain if you'd like anyway. Let me know asap so we can get that kit delivered.

Niamh

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Eldred Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:12 pm

Cool, i will confirm that i want the combi hammock, think i might test it in Norway
also if no one is getting a Va2or helment we should probably remove them from the website

Will Eldred

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveB Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:52 am

Just a heads up - Pretty sure the BUKE lot have Alkit sponsorshiop.
Not to say that they wouldn't sponsor us...

DaveB

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveB Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:30 pm

Does anyone need new paddles?
Se'ect Paddles are supposed to be pretty good, and I know the UK importer (but could negotiate going direct to the big boss in France) so we may be able to get a decent price? Presonally I don't need one.
http://select-kayaks.com/en/paddles/kayak/w1/
Supposed to be pretty Bomber.
Tim (Brother) has tried them and says they're pretty good. The only fault he says is if you're slicing the paddle through the water from the stern to the bow it can often slice/track/slip too close to the bow...
Anyway, hollar here if you are keen.

The deal will be ATLEAST:
For example on RRP paddles which are full pre peg carbon construction:

Full foam core 197 30 degree RH pre bent at £310
straight 197 45 degree RH £220

rather than £310 I'll do it for £230 and rather than 220, I'll do it for 180. Obviously, you can have whatever you want so can do any quote.

(Conversation with the importers below)
Few questions:

With the breakage: Were chatting about this at the moment, It's a tough one, paddles are abused, hammered...you don;t need me to tell you the abuse, but if you break it in use, then we will replace it. It may take upto 8 weeks for your replacement, as we can re-use parts of the old paddles, for example if the shaft snaps. I don;t know much about this, the guy in france (ex nasa) can sort all this out. If it's generally fucked, then a full replacement will be dispatched.

Who is importing?

Myself and Steve Cooper. We met Mr Select in Kanumesse, great guy, he asked us to jump on his paddles (38 stone between us) and they didn't break.

I like uniqueness, and if somehting is genuinely good, then I will use it. I like to use IR, as there gear works, and so does the Select paddles, I personally believe that the Select paddles are the toughest out there, and are potentially, thee most powerful blade. There is in my 100% opinion, slightly more flutter than say the Powerhouse, but that's just being picky.

We want to be small time, not big time, just do a bit of wheeling and honest dealing on the river bank, hopefully creating a stock of demo paddles for events.

I'll try and get some paddles over to you in the future to see if you like them.

http://www.select-kayaks.com/en/

The W1 blade is a monster.

Take it easy dave

Were trying to bring in Select paddles, made in France. These paddles are unique as they are pre peg construction. The only ones on the market nowadays, Double dutch use to (not sure if they still do) use pre peg construction, simply because of costs. Being pre peg, they are unbelievably stronger and lighter...i'm sure you know!

Pre peg is unpopular with paddle manufacturers at the moment, simply because of the cost of making>distributing>shop>sale so having alot of people in the chain.

We aim to make pre peg carbon construction affordable (hopefully) by undercutting the chain, coming straight from select, to the customer (maybe you!) and will be gaining the customer connection. Were not going to be putting in the shops, so selling on the river, word of mouth and through the website.

We can make any custom paddle for no extra cost. This is unique, with a 7 day turnaround, to your door

length, feather, shaft (ergo, pre-bent or straight)foam core shaft, foam core blade and a few blade colour options rather than just the black carbon.

DaveB

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveB Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:52 pm

We can get Five Ten Kayaking Boots from http://www.bigstone.co.uk/
The whole trip sounds amazing... Right no our marketing budget is fully allocated for 2011. However we would like to offer you Trade+VAT on any watersports product for your trip.

Niamh - have you heard anything back from Teva?
Should we just get an order in for Fiveten? The products last a long time.
I need boots, who else does?

DaveB

Back to top Go down

Post  sean Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:11 am

How much does that make the canyoneers?

sean

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveB Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:19 am

I'd guess around £60 Inc. VAT

DaveB

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveB Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:27 am

Though also consider the Water Tennies. They seem pretty good and can be taken for a big night out at the local discotheque or kareoke bar too.
http://fiveten.com/products/product-search/tag/footweartype/Amphibious_m23/

http://cksblog.com/2011/06/tim-kelton-reviews-the-five-ten-water-tennies/

DaveB

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Eldred Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:58 am

I need boots too, not sure which ones to go for though.....

Will Eldred

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next