BURP Kayak Expedition
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Irannnnnnnn It had to be over 10 characters long!

3 posters

Go down

Irannnnnnnn It had to be over 10 characters long! Empty Irannnnnnnn It had to be over 10 characters long!

Post  Niamh Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:12 pm

I know things aren't quite going to plan and its a bit of a pain for Will but just checking about a new destination. Will, do you want to give us an update on the situation, if we've missed the boat on the sponsorship, or need to make up our minds quick, or can decide later when we're more sorted?

Just wondering if there had been any more looking into Iran. It doesnt look impossible political wise but obviously a bit sketchy so understandable if people arent keen/not allowed by their mothers ahem Dave! Otherwise the flights seem reasonable at about £500. Apparently one of the world's most mountainous countries with the Caucasus, Zagros and Alborz. Look good from that film from the crazy spanish guy.Just wondering if you'd looked further into it Nick or anyone else. If not I could maybe send that guy a message and get his opinion.

Think we're probably going to need a meet up for decision making as its pretty awkward to work out 7people's opinions on the internet. Should we try and get everyone on the doodle wotsit soonish so we can start making plans?

Niamh

Back to top Go down

Irannnnnnnn It had to be over 10 characters long! Empty Re: Irannnnnnnn It had to be over 10 characters long!

Post  Will Eldred Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:35 am

i submitted a proposal for sri lanka which i sent to most of you i think (i didn't have your email Naimh) with georgia as a contingency plan. the actual meeting is the 2nd of feb. I personally am hoping sri lanka works out but if we want to go somewhere else i am kind of hoping the exploration board would be cool with that :s

Will Eldred

Back to top Go down

Irannnnnnnn It had to be over 10 characters long! Empty Re: Irannnnnnnn It had to be over 10 characters long!

Post  Will Eldred Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:53 am

also i noticed when we were ripping off dave's tajikistan proposal that if anything happened he was going to contact the sherfield building at imperial college, not sure how they would have helped you Razz

Will Eldred

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveB Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:16 am

also i noticed when we were ripping off dave's tajikistan proposal that if anything happened he was going to contact the sherfield building at imperial college, not sure how they would have helped you
Copy and Paste is a great tool!
Atleast we looked proffesional!

DaveB

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveB Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:53 am

Niamh is currently waiting for a reply from Dave Manby as to weather Iran would be a decent destination for early July.

DaveB

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveB Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:57 pm

As far as I've been able to tell from ukrgb messages, Dave has been there in June before.
So Juily it may not be too bad?
This is more likely to be bigger rapids rather than waterfalls.
Does anyone have and objection to Iran?
Other than
a) we need to decide on a destination soon
b) It will screw Will & the Exprdition board over in quite a way

Bit more info. on the place below.

Scroll down to the bottom here for a couple of pictures.
http://www.ukriversguidebook.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54349&hilit=iran#
Irannnnnnnn It had to be over 10 characters long! Viewtopic

CLICK HERE: A MUST READ BEFORE DECIDING ON/AGAINST IRAN
He sure does enjoy that place!
It does sound pretty intense! But does look beautiful.

Note from Slime:
Your closest decent rivers are I think the Zagros mountains in Iran. Dave Manby has led several trips to explore the spectacular gorges there (I was on one of them). They are well worth doing and I think you can fly direct to Isfahan in less than an hour. Of course this is a really wild region and there are few if any local paddlers or boats to borrow - Dave can advise.

http://www.ukriversguidebook.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5856&hilit=iran

Season is usually snow melt - around May I think.

http://www.ukriversguidebook.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5856&hilit=iran
Bit more information on Iran.

http://www.ukriversguidebook.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=374:reports-iran&catid=22&Itemid=144

DaveB

Back to top Go down

Post  Niamh Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:45 am

I know we dont need this but just in case I thought I'd put it up

From Dave Manby:
I think that by August Iran will be dry.
I went to Iran in June one year and got good water levels other times I have been to Iran it has been earlier, May, and we had good levels then!

Niamh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum