BURP Kayak Expedition
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Armenia and Azerbaijan

2 posters

Go down

Armenia and Azerbaijan Empty Armenia and Azerbaijan

Post  Niamh Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:44 am

Sorry I've been a bit rubbish but had quite a lot going on. As expected it doesn't seem like there's too much going on in Armenia and Azerbaijan and more in Spring than anything else. Georgia however is an incredible country to kayak in. Logistics are very easy with the help of Misha and there is still a lot to explore. Misha said borders between countries are difficult but he could get us through to Armenia but probably not to Azerbaijan by road. He will be very helpful and know a lot of info and contacts if we want to look more into this area. I would probably prefer to go somewhere new but if we're struggling for a sensible destination then maybe have a think about the Caucasus.

Misha:
Yes we are in London currently and I plan to stay here until and of March. As fare as I know there are 2 rivers maybe 3 in Armenia totally enough big to kayak and all only "Debed" river close to the Georgian border is looks O.K. 2 ather's are quite small and flat.
As for Azerbaijan along the Caucasus are some rivers, most of them shallow and with a gravel bed. I've heard only about one river possibly good for Rafting or kayaking but have no information about it.
Also didn't here anything that anyone was doing rafting or kayaking there.
I know this because my company as a member of GTA(Georgian Tourism Association) came across with tour operators as from Armenia as well as from Azerbaijan and non of them had no idea if anyone was doing anything similar:)

Niamh

Back to top Go down

Armenia and Azerbaijan Empty Re: Armenia and Azerbaijan

Post  DaveB Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:54 pm

Maps here incase anyone goes to Armenia or Azer... in the future
http://mapy.mk.cvut.cz/list

DaveB

Back to top Go down

Armenia and Azerbaijan Empty Re: Armenia and Azerbaijan

Post  DaveB Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:57 pm

Maps here incase anyone goes to Armenia or Azer... in the future
http://mapy.mk.cvut.cz/list