BURP Kayak Expedition
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bolivia Season

2 posters

Go down

Bolivia Season Empty Bolivia Season

Post  DaveB Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:03 am

From Mark Rainsley
From rough memory, Easter (when we went) is the end of the rainy season, the Kiwis who went before us went in the summer. I think we agreed that April to Autumn would all be good. Either way, it's a rainforest - the weather does wet things a lot. Look up whenever 'Epicocity' went last year - they went to do some roughty toughty first descent, but having trekked all the way in, the river rose each day and they never launched.

Incredible place - loads to explore if you have time on your hands. Cheap, too - unlike most of south America.

Cheers,

Mark

DaveB

Back to top Go down

Bolivia Season Empty Re: Bolivia Season

Post  DaveB Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:10 am

By the sounds of it Bolivia would have a lot of good stuff, but would be very committing.
By the sounds of it though, and some pictures I've seen, then less committing than some of the SE Asia runs (Taiwan/Burma).
Again, need to make sure we'd be alright with seasons.
Mark says he'd guess Bolivia would be alright in the summer, but he's not actually been there in the summer...
Anyone know anybody who's been there July/August time?

I'm still chasing up a few other contacts for other places, anyone be able to take over and try and find out a bit more about seasons? Lonely planet, costs etc
Get in touch with rafting companies / previous expeditions etc.

Cheers!

DaveB

Back to top Go down

Bolivia Season Empty rainfall

Post  Will Eldred Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:49 am

there seems to be about half the rainfall in sept than in the march which seems to be when others went

"I was travelling through Bolivia with my kayak last year in the low season (September) prior to heading upto Peru and Ecuador and amongst other things paddled the Rio Coroico (3-6hrs from la paz) with a french guide that operates there. "

so it looks like it will be really low in August
will see if the rafting companies get back to me so there could be some low water runs........

Will Eldred

Back to top Go down

Bolivia Season Empty Re: Bolivia Season

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum